- Discharge of fireworks within the areas designated restricted
- Firecrackers, cherry bombs, roman candles, bottle rockets, single or reloadable mortars, or other Class “C” fireworks not State of Utah approved
- Sky lanterns.
- Use only fireworks purchased in the State of Utah from licensed dealers or retailers. If you purchased the fireworks out of state, they may not be legal in this state. You will be responsible to pay any fines or damages as well as extinguishing costs as a result of any fires that you cause.
- Use fireworks only with responsible adult supervision at all times.
- Never allow young children to handle fireworks.
- Light the fireworks in an open area and on a non-combustible surface, such as a driveway or paved area.
- If windy conditions exist, do not light fireworks.
- Keep a bucket of water available.
- Handle used and “dud” fireworks with a shovel.
- Soak fireworks thoroughly in a bucket of water, or douse them with a hose prior to disposal.
- Keep clear while lighting fireworks, and do not lean over them at any time.
- Do not relight “dud” fireworks.
- Watch out for your pets and animals. It is preferable to keep them indoors and away from the displays.
- Check for any restrictions that may apply to your area.
To report the discharge of fireworks in restricted areas please call the non-emergency dispatch number at 435-627-4300. For emergencies, call 911.